From the moment you walk through Alwyndor's doors we are confident that you will be impressed.
Aside from our superior accommodation options, we deliver a vibrant atmosphere for both residents and visitors starting with our impressive and bustling lobby where you can visit Dorothy’s Café for a quick coffee or delicious, quality meals.
Visit the lifestyle hub which is used for an assortment of activities, meetings and events. It features a huge 150” cinema screen with 5.1 Dolby surround sound system and turns the hub in to our own private cinema for regular movie screenings. Don’t forget to take advantage of our many other activities available with our lifestyle program including our own 22-seater bus for regularly scheduled outings.
For some fresh air and sensational surroundings, step outside and take in the 1.6 hectares of extensive landscaped gardens which features BBQ facilities,
men’s shed, mini golf, vegetable and community garden, sculptures and water features, plus a gazebo for outdoor entertaining.
As a resident of Alwyndor, you’ll have access to the following services:
- Onsite kitchen which delivers home-style, quality meals providing breakfast, morning tea, afternoon tea and supper. Lunch and dinner are also supplied both with a choice between two hot meals - click here for a sample menu
- In-house Healthy Living Team which provide Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Podiatry and Social Work services
- A gym equipped with specialised mobility equipment with supervision and complimentary fitness advice from Healthy Living Team
- An extensive lifestyle program
- Spacious lounge and dining areas
- Outdoor entertaining space
- Appointments with our visiting GP, Audiologist, Massage Therapist, Dentist and Dental Hygienist in our consulting suites
- Serviced laundry
- Dorothy's Café and shop
- Taxi bookings can be made by our friendly staff at reception
Optional services available at an additional cost:
- In-room telephone and Foxtel connection and associated usage charges
- In-house hairdressing salon
- Dry cleaning
- Labelling of personal clothing
"On Monday, 10th July 2017, I moved into Alwyndor Residential Care. I had made this decision after family discussions, with high levels of anxiety and stress.
I was impressed by the smiling alert greeting from residents. The sensitive friendly welcome I received from the wonderfully caring staff and volunteers, gradually relieved my stress.
As we all learn to trust each other, what I had feared would be a ‘disaster’ has become an opportunity for a ‘new beginning’ of growth and learning.
Thank you Alwyndor."
Resident, August 2017